UA’s Plank Center to Host Free Webinar on Getting a Job in Public Relations
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations located at The University of Alabama will host a free, one-hour webinar titled, “Getting a Job in Public Relations,” Monday, March 7, starting at 2 p.m.
This webinar will:
- Examine the characteristics and traits in demand for public relations positions
- Offer helpful tips on how to stand out from the competition in your job search
- Provide insight on how managers attract, retain and develop talent
The webinar will feature four industry experts who will discuss their observations on the hiring process within public relations agencies and corporations. The experts are:
- Keith Burton, principal, Grayson Emmett Partners
- Rick Looser, president and COO, The Cirlot Agency
- Virginia Noriega, associate, Heyman Associates
- Kevin Saghy, manager of communications, Chicago Cubs
To register for the webinar, visit http://bit.ly/PlankWebinar.
About the Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations
In 2005, the University of Alabama Board of Trustees established The Plank Center, named for public relations leader and UA alumna, the late Betsy Plank, to develop and recognize outstanding diverse public relations leaders, role models and mentors to advance ethical public relations in an evolving, global society through a variety of programs and in concert with groups and associations.
In addition to national leaders in the practice and education, the Center Board includes an ex officio position for the president of the Public Relations Student Society of America that represents more than 11,000 members in 300-plus colleges and universities.
The Center is housed in UA’s College of Communication and Information Sciences. UA’s public relations program, with more than 1,400 students, is the largest undergraduate degree program within the College. The program is certified by the Public Relations Society of America and for six years has been ranked among the top five public relations programs in the country by PRWeek.
More information about the Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations can be found at www.plankcenter.ua.edu.
The University of Alabama, a student-centered research university, is experiencing significant growth in both enrollment and academic quality. This growth, which is positively impacting the campus and the state's economy, is in keeping with UA's vision to be the university of choice for the best and brightest students. UA, the state's flagship university, is an academic community united in its commitment to enhancing the quality of life for all Alabamians.
- CONTACT: Jessika White, The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations, 205/348-7250, email@example.com; UA media relations, 205/348-5320