UA Matters: Fashion Trends for the New Year
The fashion world is constantly evolving, and it can oftentimes be hard to keep up. However, whether you like to replenish your wardrobe once a year or once a week, The University of Alabama’s Brian Taylor offers some helpful fashion hints to stay in style this year.
- You can’t go wrong with longer skirt and dress lengths, fringe, sheer fabrics, slip dresses and floral appliques.
- Crop tops, metallics, pants worn under dresses, mixing florals with plaids and words/slogans splashed across sweatshirts, tees, jackets and dresses will also be popular.
- Prints to look for include ginghams, bandana prints, artistic paintings, polka dots and Hawaiian florals.
- Your color scheme should definitely include neutrals, black and white combinations, blues, yellows and lavenders.
Taylor is an instructor in the department of clothing, textiles & interior design in The University of Alabama College of Human Environmental Sciences.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
UA Matters is a weekly posting that offers information and tips on consumer issues facing Alabamians. The information is available to reprint in your publication free of charge. Also, access to subject matter experts is available upon request. For more information, contact Kim Eaton at 205/348-8325 or email@example.com>.
The University of Alabama, a student-centered research university, is experiencing significant growth in both enrollment and academic quality. This growth, which is positively impacting the campus and the state's economy, is in keeping with UA's vision to be the university of choice for the best and brightest students. UA, the state's flagship university, is an academic community united in its commitment to enhancing the quality of life for all Alabamians.